Nuts For Sacha Inchi
A discovery of the superfood
One of the marvelous things about the times we live in, is discovering rare and unique gems from what once were far away lands. Remember when quinoa was an exotic grain and no one could pronounce it correctly? Remember when you couldn’t spell Ashwagandha for the life of you? Now wonderful herbs, tonics, and super foods are becoming part of our everyday reality. I recently heard that Smart and Final is carrying organic produce. Yes, perhaps only a few in a specific demographic have access to the new, healthy, lifestyle that is prominent in Erewhon markets; however, the trends can start there and then blossom to the rest of the markets and communities.
I recently tried the Sacha Nuts by Imlak’esh brands and I have to say I found them delicious and filling. This powerhouse seed contains an incredible 30% protein; making it the perfect fuel for hikes and workouts. Sacha Inchi thrives in the pristine, mountainous rainforest regions of Southeast Asia and Peru. They contain 50% Omegas, all 8 essential aminos, and more protein than almonds.
What excites me even more than eating these power nuts, is that the oil derived from them is excellent for the skin. The oil is rich with antioxidants and omega 3’s. This may be a new wonder skin oil that will be seen in many products to come.
Benefits of Sancha Inchi Nuts
1) Weight Loss: As one of the richest sources of plant-based omega-3 fatty acids, sacha inchi nuts can help balance cortisol levels. When cortisol levels are controlled, food cravings and mood swings are reduced. In fact, medical personality Dr. Oz lists sacha inchi as one of his best snacks for weight loss.
2) Omega Fatty Acids: Medical studies have shown that sacha inchi’s high concentration and proper balance of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids reduces the risk of heart disease, and its fats are largely monounsaturated and polyunsaturated.
3) Complete Protein: As a complete protein, inca peanuts contain every amino acid your body needs to function properly. Sacha inchi provides 9 grams of protein per serving!
4) Bone Health: Since sacha inchi is high in omega-3 fatty acids, it can support bone structure. Omega-3 fatty acids enhance bone mineral content by helping the body absorb calcium. Eating more foods rich in omega-3s can help protect your bones as you age.
5) Skin and Hair: Sacha inchi nuts provide nutrients that promote supple skin and silky hair. Omega-3 fatty acids support hydration and protect against inflammation, while the vitamin E found in sacha inchi prevents free radical damage that can harm your skin.