Dental Care in a Non~Toxic Way
All Natural Alternatives for Healthy Gums & Clean White Teeth
I’ve posted a few times on the importance of not using chemicals in our dental hygiene. People are finally realizing that too much fluoride can lead to health issues and lower IQ in children. Dr. Mercola’s site states that the fluoride in our water isn’t even pharmaceutical grade, but a toxic industrial waste product. This is so distressing, but we can use water filters to stop some of the fluoride; and we can use toothpastes that don’t add the chemical to our bodies. Making your own toothpaste can be easy, green, cost effective and it works! Charlotte and I love making a batch with coconut oil, hydrogen peroxide and essential oils. Also using charcoal on the teeth can leave them shiny and white! However, if you want to purchase dental care there are lots of wonderful choices on the market these days.
Here is my evening regiment for healthy gums and clean white teeth!
1) Brushing with no-fluoride toothpaste. I like the Ayurvedic brands like Auromere Herbal Toothpaste which uses 24 special herbs for teeth and gums. I like the original licorice however it comes in Fresh Mint Ayurvedic Formula as well.
2) My favorite mouthwash for gum healing herbs and COQ10 is Nature’s Answer Periowash Alcohol-free Mouthwash. This has calming and nourishing herbs like calendula flower, chamomile and echinacea as well as invigorating essential oils like oregano, lavender, peppermint, rosemary, cinnamon and clove. It feels so much more gentle and soothing than a chemical wash of alcohol and benzoic acid.
3) My new favorite toothbrush is the Dr. Tung’s Ionic Toothbrush System I know it may seem wacky and ‘new age’, but this ionic toothbrush really works! The ionic material repels plaque and its great for people with sensitive teeth.
4) If you have any gum recession then Dr. Tung’s Rejuv for Gums is the perfect combo of plants and herbs using 24 various ones in a unique healing formula. This can be massaged onto the gums after brushing.
5) DR. TUNG’S TONGUE CLEANER is a handy tool to keep bacteria and plaque away from the mouth.
If all else fails, then good ole’ coconut oil is wonderful for teeth. The lauric acid in coconut oil is a natural antibacterial substance, cleans and can whiten teeth over time!